Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I survived!!!! It was fun, but absolutely exhausting. By the time we made it home, my ankles were two times the size they should have been due to the 24 hours of sitting on a bus. But it was a nice trip with my daughter and we saw a lot of great things. I just need a few more days to recover.

While I was gone, I had several requests for custom designs and I can't wait to get started on those. It seems like things are picking up on the storefront and I have a few new ideas up my sleeve. I can't wait to get back to sewing and designing. My goal this next weekend is to move my sewing "studio" to another corner of my house. Right now, it is in my bedroom and I have completely taken over the room. Yesterday, I watched the Oprah Show and it was about decluttering your life. Of course, while I was watching the show, I looked around and saw suitcases, clothes, fabric and a complete mess. I knew she must have had a secret camera in my home and was talking directly to me. After staying 10 days in several hotels, it was time to organize my home and life. So that is my goal. I will post photos of my new area when I have it complete.

I also hope to get in a little vintage shopping this month. On my trip, I was in upper state New York and hoped to visit antique shops, but time didn't allow this. So, I need to get my fix and if I find anything good, I will post those pictures as well.
In the meantime, I am posting a few pictures from my trip. Happy looking.


2 comments:

maia (glassbeach) said...

Here's a belated "Welcome home!" I just back from a long trip, too, and travelling is indeed exhausting!

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog! Your blog and shop are lovely and I'm looking forward seeing/reading more!

Vintage-at-Heart Designs said...

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm still trying to get back into the groove after that trip.