Friday, June 15, 2007

Welcome to my blog!!

Wow, I can't believe I am creating my first blog. While I enjoy reading other people's blogs, I never thought I would create one of my own. Heck, I don't even keep a journal. But, I look forward to posting on a regular basis.


First, maybe a little bit about myself. I am a married mother of two teenage daughters. While they are good girls, it is a little hormonal in my home. I am also the mother to two fur babies, Haley and Gracie, and a rescued sparrow we named Toula (we were watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding when we named her). I live on a family farm after my family moved to the Ozarks from California four years ago. It was a good move....at least I think so. When I visit the city now, I can feel my blood pressure rise. We have cows, donkeys, rescued goats and sheep on our farm. They are all pets and will stay that way.

I work as an executive assistant and enjoy creating my Vintage-at-Heart designs on the evenings and weekends. I really enjoy vintage everything...jewelry, fabric, kitchen items and so forth. My latest find was a vintage pink fridge drawer. I was at an auction this weekend and it was being auctioned with a bunch of Folgers cans. A gentleman paid $1.00 for about 10 cans and the fridge drawer. I approached the gentleman and asked if he wanted it and he only wanted the cans. I paid him $1.00 and happily took my pink drawer home. It's enameled pink and my daughter is going to use it for her art supplies. It's great. I love those country auctions. You never know what you will find.

I opened my Etsy shop in March after my daughters said "NO MORE PURSES, MOM". When my first purse sold, I was scared and excited at the same time. I was thrilled that someone felt it looked good enough to buy, but scared that when they actually received it, they would think it was horrible. What a relief when she sent me a personal note telling me how much she loved it. Since then, I have continued to refine my line of handbags and have added rings and necklaces to my store. My future design plans include diaper bags and fashion pet carriers. I hope they are as accepted as my current line has been.

Well, I should get back to sewing and please send me critique of my blog. I am clearly a novice and hope to improve and transform the blog as time goes by.

No comments: