Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting My Groove On!!

I thought after December, I'd feel rejuvenated with tons of creativity and time to make all new things for my store. Alas, I’ve been working for several weeks and I have little to show for it. I’ve been asking myself, where does the time go and WHEN will my creativeness come back? My blog and sewing machine have sat untouched for a few weeks and my design corner looked like this…



But, last week we got some news about my husband’s health and it really put things into perspective. He was diagnosed with Parkinson ’s disease and after a few days of shock and a few hair-pulling situations with teenagers, I realized clarity can sometimes come from chaos. My groove is coming back and it feels good.

Over the weekend, I cleaned and organized my area, created a new purse design and finished the prototype. Since the prototype looked so good, I’ve started creating bags for the store and I have new vision. I’m setting goals, strategically planning my next moves (personally and in business) and most of all, going back to my corner…my design corner, that is.

To Martha Stewart, chaos is NOT a good thing...but in my case, it's turned out to be okay.

No comments: